Monday, June 14, 2010
Life Lessons
I learned a very valuable lesson this afternoon. Someone I really like decided to give me a second shot, and I am very thankful for that. I suppose this would be a continuation of the post that I wrote this morning. (For some reason I keep running into continuations of posts!) This person was basically on the verge of giving up on me because I had harassed him so much and we had an unresolved argument, and after a couple hours on the phone, and a few texts, things seem to have smoothed over. THE IMPORTANT THING FOR ME TO REMEMBER IS THAT I LOST THIS PERSONS TRUST, and I did that by trying to control everything. This persons life does not revolve around me, as much as I like hanging out with them, but they have a life of their own. Remember Kyle, that the next time you want to fly off the handle at someone, STOP AND THINK ABOUT THE POTENTIAL CONSEQUENCES BEFORE YOU DO IT. I feel sort of in a sense like I'm rebuilding a brick wall that has been torn down one brick at a time. No more obsessive phone calls or text messages Kyle! YOU ALMOST LOST THIS PERSON BECAUSE OF BEHAVIOR LIKE THAT. AGAIN, STOP AND THINK ABOUT THE POTENTIAL CONSEQUENCES BEFORE YOU SAY OR DO SOMETHING. THINK OF HOW THE OTHER PERSON WOULD FEEL AFTER YOU SAID IT TO THEM. Okay, I'm done preaching lol.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment