Hi Everyone! Its been forever since I posted, but since its Friday night and I have nothing better to do, I thought I would post. Over the last year or so, I have become interested in Freemasonry. I'm excited to announce that I will be getting my EA degree sometime in March. I first became interested in it when a friend told me he was a Mason. Later, I did some research, with the help of Wikipedia, lots of books, and lots of talking to fellow masons. I went to a few barbeques and Installation meetings, which aren't usually public, but I basically went to any and every Masonic function I could. I have been interested in Freemasonry for about a year and if there is one thing I've learned, its that Freemasonry takes PATIENCE. Its not something you learn about over night, and its not something where you make a decision in a couple of days. I sat on becoming a Freemason for 6+ months before I finally decided to do it. Then comes the petiton process, being investigated, and finally finding out if the lodge you petitioned will have you as a member. The whole process from petitioning to joining can take upwards of two months or more. Its not something for the faint of heart! Anyways, I'm excited about the new experiences that are coming, and the new friends I am going to make. I'll post more as it gets closer to the date of my degree, or as I think of more. Hope all is well.
No comments:
Post a Comment