Hi Everyone,
My heart is filled with sadness tonight. I found out yesterday that my best friend, whom I've known since I was six, is getting a divorce from her husband. She's a great girl. I can't imagine anyone treating her the way she has been treated. She lives in Provo at the moment. Have you ever loved someone so much that you hurt for them sometimes? Well, thats the way I feel about her. I would do anything for her, and she would do anything for me I'm sure. Sometimes I wonder why God allows us pain and suffering, but I guess its to make us grow. We graduated from High School together. We spent every waking moment of that last summer before she went to UVSC together, day and night. I'll be forever grateful to her for introducing me to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We've been through so much together, yelled at each other, made up, and then yelled again. She's not talking to me at the moment but I think she will when she is ready. I'm sure she needs time to process through her feelings. I've never had the chance to experience a temple marriage yet, but I know if I keep working someday I will. I wish so much that I could show her how much I care about her. There have been times in the past when our relationship has been a bit strained, but I think thats mostly because her then husband was in the picture. She gave up going on a mission, which she was so excited to do, to get married. I remember her telling me that it was more important for a girl to get married than it was for her to go on a mission and it was more important for a boy to go on a mission than get married right away. I want her to know that I love her, and I'm frustrated I guess with myself in the fact that I know I am reaching for something that I cannot have. She knows all about my struggles, and tons of other stuff about me, but I know that I would not be a suitable Eternal Companion for her. I think the main reason is my struggle with SSA and I think the other reason is because I haven't received my endowment yet. That kills me. I cry sometimes I love her so much. Anyways, I've blogged enough for tonite. I need to go. Be good y'all. ~Kyle
1 comment:
Ky,
The best part about this post is the tone of hope it radiated to me. I haven't seen that alot in you and it makes my heart swell with you. Yes, you can do this. Yes, you can get what you want. It's just about fighting every day of your life to get it.
I've never had the chance to experience a temple marriage yet, but I know if I keep working someday I will.
Knowing you so well, I'd say this was probably pretty hard for you to say. Do you believe it? That's what TRULY matters here.
I disagree with you ruling yourself out merely because you struggle with SSA. You are moving in a new direction, Ky, and that's going to open the door for a lot more blessings and a lot more change in your life.
James 4:8 "Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you."
Post a Comment